This ice cream is rich and creamy with a coconut and soy milk base and can be made sugar-free by substituting erythritol natural sweetener. Erythritol sweentener has almost zero calories and zero glycemic index.
1 cup organic soymilk creamer (I used Wildwood brand)
1 can (13.5 oz) organic coconut milk
1/2 cup organic evaporated cane sugar (substitute erythritol granulated sweetener for sugar-free)
2 tablespoons matcha green tea powder
2 1/2 tablespoons arrowroot powder, plus 3 tablespoons creamer
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Heat a small sauce pot over medium and add soymilk creamer, coconut milk and cane sugar (or sweetener). Whisk well and cook until sugar is dissolved and mixture is at a simmer, about 5 minutes.
- Add matcha green tea powder and whisk until dissolved, another 2-3 minutes. Alternatively, you may use a hand blender or transfer to blender to ensure the matcha powder dissolves well.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk arrowroot powder and soymilk creamer and then add into pot and stir mixture until thick.
- Remove from heat and add sea salt and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Pour mixture into a shallow dish and let cool completely and transfer to refrigerator. Cool for 1-2 hours in refrigerator
- Transfer chilled mixture to ice cream maker and process according to directions. Usually about 30 minutes.