2 bunches kale
1 cup raw cashews, soaked at least 4-5 hours
1/2 cup filtered water
1 medium garlic glove
2 tablespoons onion powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Remove kale ribs (save ribs for juicing or smoothies). Tear the leaves into large pieces and wash and spin dry in a salad spinner.
- Drain cashews and place in high speed blender with water, garlic, onion powder, sea salt and black pepper. Blend until smooth and creamy like a thick dressing.
- In large mixing bowl, coat the kale pieces with the cream by massaging the cream on to the leaves with your hands.
- Place on dehydrator trays leaving enough room for air to circulate around.
- Dehydrate overnight or at least 13 hours.
- Kale chips can be stored in air tight container at room temperature for a week.