Thursday, April 3, 2014

Garlic & Onion Cashew Cream Kale Chips

I don't use my dehydrator too often but when I do, I love making kale chips!  The kale chips sold in the stores can be a bit pricey so I love making my own organic kale chips at a fraction of the price.  This recipe has garlic and onion cashew cream massaged on to the kale and then dehydrated until crispy.

Ingredients:
2 bunches kale
1 cup raw cashews, soaked at least 4-5 hours
1/2 cup filtered water
1 medium garlic glove
2 tablespoons onion powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper

 Instructions:
  1. Remove kale ribs (save ribs for juicing or smoothies).  Tear the leaves into large pieces and wash and spin dry in a salad spinner.
  2. Drain cashews and place in high speed blender with water, garlic, onion powder, sea salt and black pepper.  Blend until smooth and creamy like a thick dressing.  
  3. In large mixing bowl, coat the kale pieces with the cream by massaging the cream on to the leaves with your hands.
  4. Place on dehydrator trays leaving enough room for air to circulate around.
  5. Dehydrate overnight or at least 13 hours.
  6. Kale chips can be stored in air tight container at room temperature for a week.
Happy snacking!

2 comments:

  1. I never get to use my dehydrator, so much for getting excited after buying it. Now I have no excuse. I love the flavors in this recipe. I shall try. THanks Rosie.

    ReplyDelete